Right now, the best way to ensure our local families and businesses can build back better from the challenges of this pandemic is to immunize as much of our community as we can. And along the way, we must continue to follow the guidance of our public health officials while we build up immunity in our community: continue to wear a mask, maintain social distance, and wash hands frequently.
We want to help ensure that all of our eligible Kendall County neighbors are able to get appointments to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As of this writing, the following Texans are eligible to receive the vaccine:
- Phase 1A: Front-line healthcare workers and residents at long-term care facilities
- Phase 1B: All people age 65 or older, and people ages 16-64 with a health condition that increases risk of severe COVID‑19 illness
- School and child-care personnel:
- Those who work in pre-primary, primary, and secondary schools;
- Head Start and Early Head Start programs (including teachers, staff, and bus drivers); and
- Those who work as or for licensed child care providers, including center-based and family care providers.
Here is a list of providers who are involved in the COVID-19 vaccination effort, so you can be checking their websites and helping your neighbors to get connected to appointments:
- City of Boerne/Kendall County: Vaccine Registration waiting list
- City of San Antonio: Vaccine Registration Portal
- CVS Pharmacy: Vaccine Availability Checker
- Hays County: Vaccine Pre-Registration Signups
- HEB Pharmacy: Vaccine Scheduler
- Hill Country Memorial: Vaccine Registration
- University Health System: COVID-19 Vaccine Hub
- UT Health San Antonio: Vaccine Self-Scheduling Portal
- Walgreens Pharmacy: Schedule COVID-19 Vaccine
- Walmart Pharmacy: COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling
One final resource: FindAVac.com is a volunteer effort to try to bring together vaccine availability information for multiple Texas vaccination providers on one website. Its coverage continues to grow. You can also follow @findavac on Twitter, or for notifications specific to the San Antonio metro area, follow @satx_vaccinebot.
Ready to get involved?
Learn more about upcoming opportunities to take action online and/or in our own community.